Dependability… quality of service… product excellence.
Those are the three ways you assess a garage door specialist. And, in all three areas, you’ll find Eastern Garage Door, Inc. at the top of the list. Since 1930, we’ve specialized in the installation, service and repair of residential and commercial garage doors, openers and operators throughout the greater Merrimack Valley region of MA and NH.
FOUNDED IN 1930
Eastern Garage Door first came into existence in 1930 as a product line of Lawrence Plate Glass Company when the founder of Lawrence Plate Glass, Walter V. Demers, Sr. recognized the opportunity to be ahead of the curve. As the increased ownership of automobiles spread throughout our region and the country, so did the need for garages to store them and garage doors to provide security. In 1951, Walter Sr. formed a separate division and purchased a facility at 30 South Canal Street in Lawrence, MA. With an expanded facility to manufacture upward acting wood garage doors and from which to conduct independent operations, the stage was set for growth. This was also the time that Walter’s son, Walter V. Demers, Jr. graduated from Yale and was then thought to be, and subsequently proved to be, the ideal leader of this new high growth product.
Under Walter Junior’s capable guidance and love of the business, Eastern Garage Door division continued to grow and be the primary source for garage doors throughout the Merrimack Valley. In the early 90s, the industry went through major product innovations which made wood garage doors impractical and inefficient by comparison to the newly-introduced steel garage door product. Walter Junior transitioned the business into the new steel product line and in 1998, moved the operation into the LPG facility at 417 Canal Street, Lawrence MA. At this point in time, Eastern Garage Door had outgrown the parent company, Lawrence Plate Glass Co.
CONTINUED COMMITMENT TO QUALITY
In February 2011, Eastern Garage Door was spun off from Lawrence Plate Glass Co. and established as a separate corporation. With the encouragement of its beloved original leader and guiding light, Walter V. Demers, Jr., Eastern Garage Door continues to carry on in the tried and true traditions he had established upon its inception: providing only the best products and workmanship to our customers. Our new home of operations is located at 5 Powers St, Unit#1, Lawrence, MA 01843.